To improve on time performance throughout the transit system, Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) implemented schedule changes Monday, Aug. 23. CHT makes changes to its schedules in January and August in response to ridership trends, changing traffic patterns, popular destinations and growth in the area.
Fixed Route Changes
- CCX Route – Weekday service will start at 6 a.m. and end at 8 p.m. The first two a.m. trips (5:20 a.m., 5:50 a.m.) and the last two p.m. trips (8 p.m. and 8:40 p.m.) will be eliminated.
- F Route – The first two a.m. trips will begin at 6:20 a.m. and 6:55 a.m. at McDougle School instead of Weaver Street Market.
- FCX Route – Will operate in same direction in the mornings and afternoons. The route will serve Friday Center to Manning Drive (UNC Hospital) to South Road.
- HS Route – Service will operate every 60 minutes from 6:45 a.m. to 5:40 p.m.
- HU Route – Will serve Finely Golf Course and Old Mason Farm Roads to serve the UNC Imaging Center and the Ronald McDonald/SECU Family House all day, using Mason Farm Road to East Drive returning to Friday Center Drive. The route will not serve Health Sciences Library, Carrington Hall, Fetzer Gym or Bowles Drive.
- M Route – The route will be discontinued due to low ridership and availability of alternate service nearby. Riders from the Pine Knolls community (Crest Drive and Cole Street) may access the CM route on Merritt Mill Road. Riders going to and from the Chapel Hill Public Library may access the CL, D and F routes along Franklin Street.
- NS Route – Weekday morning 10 minute service will be provided from 7 to 9:30 a.m. There will be no change to the PM schedule.
- NU Route – The 7:25 a.m. and 8:05 a.m. trips will be eliminated.
- PX Route – Will no longer serve Fearrington Village on the 3:45 p.m. trip by request.
- RU Route – Service will operate every 15 minutes from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., instead of every 10 minutes.
- S Route – Will operate in same direction all day. The route will serve Friday Center Drive to Manning Drive (UNC Hospital), South Columbia Street to South Road. The route will not serve Bowles Drive.
- V Route – Will no longer serve Stadium Drive and Ridge Road. The route will continue from Student Union on South Road to Pittsboro Street to Manning Drive.
- DM Route – the Saturday DM route will be renamed the Saturday D and will no longer serve the Chapel Hill Public Library and Pine Knolls.
Shared Ride/Feeder Service Changes
- Weekday Feeder Service – Service will be discontinued. The last day of service will be Friday, August 20, 2010.
- Shared Ride Sunday and Evening Service – Service will be discontinued. The last day of service will be Sunday, August, 22, 2010.
All ADA eligible clients (EZ Rider) will not be affected by the Shared Ride/Feeder service changes. For additional information about the Shared Ride/Feeder Service changes, please call 919-969-5544.
New schedules will be available on the website and on the buses the week of Aug. 16.
CHT is the public transportation provider that serves Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For complete information about CHT services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest CHT stop, visit us at www.chtransit.org, email email@example.com or call a CHT customer service representative at 919-969-4900.