CHT will operate a modified service schedule the evening of Sunday, October 31, 2010, to accommodate the Halloween celebration on Franklin Street. The following modifications will be in effect:
- NU Route: Route will end at 9:02 p.m. at the PR Lot.
- EZ Rider: Service will end at 9:00 p.m.
- Safe Ride Routes: Safe Ride buses will operate from 11 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., along detoured routes.
More information on Homegrown Halloween
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will operate a modified service schedule the evening of Sunday, October 31, 2010, to accommodate the Halloween celebration on Franklin Street. The following modifications will be in effect:
NU Route: Route will end at 9:02 p.m. at the PR Lot.
EZ Rider: Service will end at 9:00 p.m.
Safe Ride Routes: Safe Ride buses will operate from 11 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., along detoured routes. Safe Ride is a service funded by the UNC-Chapel Hill Student Government for the safety of students. Safe Rides will not serve the Downtown/Franklin Street area. Please be advised that due to road closures and traffic pattern changes, CHT may be unable to operate published schedules for these routes.
- Safe T – pick up and drop off from Chapel Hill Town Hall
- Safe J – pick up and drop off from Passport Motors (Franklin Street at Graham Street)
- Safe G – pick up and drop off from Columbia Street at Sitterson Hall across from Carolina Inn
No Bus Shuttles: There will be no bus shuttles operating from park and ride lots to the Halloween Celebration.
- Point 2 Point Express – When heading north on Columbia, it will detour right on Cameron Avenue instead of Franklin Street. then resume it’s normal route.
Please visit www.chtransit.org for a map of the detoured routes. For additional information, please contact a CHT customer service representative at 919.969.4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Avoid parking hassle and cost by taking Triangle Transit from either the Regional Transit Center or the Eubanks Road Park & Ride to the State Fair for $5. More info here: Triangle Transit flier
You can also take DATA from the Durham Station for $2. More info here: DATA to State Fair
Transit passengers and residents of Chapel Hill and Carrboro rate transit service in Chapel Hill/Carrboro much higher than the national average. Eighty-eight percent of riders rated the overall quality of CHT service as excellent or good, while 86 percent of residents surveyed consider the adequacy of public transportation in Chapel Hill/Carrboro to be excellent or good.
Chapel Hill Transit Safe Ride routes will not operate Oct 21 – 23 due to UNC-CH’s fall break. The Safe Rides will resume their normal schedule on Thursday, Oct 28.
You must be logged in to post a comment.