To improve service and efficiency throughout the transit system, Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will be implementing route and schedule changes on Saturday, May 7. CHT makes changes to its schedules throughout the year in response to ridership trends, changing traffic patterns and growth in the area. The changes for May are as follows:
- CM, CW, D, J, NU and V Routes – Designated evening trips will be suspended for the summer.
- Weekend U and NU and Safe Rides – Will not operate over the summer.
- CL Route – The first a.m. trip will now begin at 6:53 a.m. at Europa Drive and Duck Pond (Sheraton Hotel) instead of East Franklin Street at the Coffee Shop and the last eastbound trip (to Colony Lake) will start at 5:50 p.m. at East Drive and Jackson Circle. Schedule times will also be adjusted to better reflect operating conditions.
- D Route – The first two a.m. eastbound trips will begin at Eastowne Drive and Old Sterling Road at 6:27 a.m. and 6:47 a.m. instead of starting at East Franklin at the Coffee Shop.
- J Route – The first two a.m. westbound trips will begin at Jones Ferry Road at Abby Court at 6:29 a.m. and 6:44 a.m. instead of starting on East Main at Jade Palace.
- NS Route – Schedule times will be adjusted to better reflect operating conditions.
- S Route – The trip starting from the NC 54 Park and Ride at 3:30 p.m. will instead begin at Manning Drive at UNC Hospitals at 3:47 p.m.
- N Route – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- A Route – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- Saturday JN – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- Saturday T – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- EZ Rider – Weekday services will end at 10:35 p.m., with the last scheduled pick-up window from 10:25 p.m. to 10:45 p.m., and on Sundays at 5:30 p.m. with the last scheduled pick-up window from 5:20 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
New schedules will be available on the website (www.chtransit.org) beginning Wednesday, April 27, and on buses Thursday, May 5.
For complete information about CHT services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest CHT stop, visit www.chtransit.org, email email@example.com or call a CHT customer service representative at 919-969-4900.