DURHAM and ORANGE COUNTIES:
The proposed Durham and Orange Counties Bus and Rail Investment plans address the need for enhanced public transportation in the Triangle to serve its growing populations as well as provide opportunities for low-to-moderate income families to get to work, educational opportunities, and other cities in the region. The plans outline the variety of revenue sources necessary to support the proposed light rail, commuter rail, and expanded local and regional bus services.
Open house sessions for residents to learn more about these proposed plans are scheduled at the following locations:
- June 7, from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Southwest Library, 3605 Shannon Rd., Durham
- June 8, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Holton Career and Resource Center’s Senior Room, Second Floor, 401 N. Driver St., Durham
- June 14, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Chapel Hill Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Chapel Hill
- June 15, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. – North Regional Library, 221 Milton Rd., Durham
- June 16, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Orange County Library, 137 W. Margaret Ln., Hillsborough
A short presentation will be given periodically at each open house session and staff will be available to discuss the proposed plans on a one-on-one basis with the public.
Residents who are unable to attend the open house sessions are encouraged to view the proposed investment plan for Durham on the DCHC MPO website at http://www.dchcmpo.org.
For more information about the proposed investment plans, visit the DCHC MPO website at www.dchcmpo.org or contact Andy Henry at (919) 560-4366, ext. 36419.