Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will be implementing schedule adjustments effective Sunday, August 17, 2014, to improve service and efficiencies throughout the transit system. CHT generally makes changes to its schedules in January, May and August, in response to ridership trends, changing traffic patterns and growth in the area. The changes include:
- A Route: Added additional morning trips (7:45 a.m. – 9:36 a.m.) along Hillsborough Street to better match the level of customer demand. These trips will operate in a loop between Hillsborough Street, Campus and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and will only operate when the University is in session.
- D Route: The 7:17 a.m. trip starting at Europa will instead begin at 6:40 a.m. from Smith Level at BPW Club.
- J Route: Added additional morning trips between 8:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. to better match the level of customer demand.
- NS Route: Added additional mid-day trips between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. to better match the level of customer demand.
- NU Route: Evening service will resume.
- RU Route: Increased peak hour frequency to 10 minutes during the morning (7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.) and afternoon (3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.) to improve service at the busiest times.
- Saturday D Route: Added 5:10 p.m. trip from Greenbridge (effective August 23, 2014).
- Saturday FG Route: Added 4:51 p.m. trip from Colony Woods (Effective August 23, 2014).
- Safe Rides: Service will resume on Thursday, August 21, 2014 and will operate on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings when the University is in session.
- EZ Rider: Sunday ADA service will operate from 10:38 a.m. until 11:17 p.m. (Effective August 17, 2014).
New schedules are available on our website and printed schedules will be available on buses the week of August 11th. NextBus predictions may be impacted by the service changes for the week following August 18, 2014. Please refer to printed and online schedules during this time.
The August 2014 service improvements are funded in part by the Orange County Bus and Rail Investment Plan.