Due to anticipated winter weather conditions (sleet, snow, ice and/or freezing rain) Chapel Hill Transit will suspend service as of 9:00 p.m. on Friday, January 6, 2017, in the interest of safety. Fixed Route services and EZ Rider services WILL NOT operate after 9:00 p.m. on Friday, January 6, 2017:
- CM Route will end at 8:50 p.m. at Pittsboro Street Credit Union
- CW Route will end at 8:59 p.m. at Jones Ferry Park and Ride
- D Route will end at 8:59 p.m. at Varsity Theater
- F Route will end at 8:45 p.m. at Colony Woods
- HU Route will end at 8:43 p.m. at Hedrick Building
- J Route will end at 8:56 p.m. at Rock Creek
- NS route will end at 8:48 p.m. at Eubanks Park and Ride
Chapel Hill Transit is committed to announcing any decision to change services promptly to give customers as much lead time as possible to plan accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience, but safety is our highest priority.
Chapel Hill Transit staff will monitor conditions throughout the evening and morning and will provide an update on Saturday, January 7, 2017 services as soon as possible.
Where to Get Service Information:
- Check Chapel Hill Transit’s Inclement Weather page at http://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/transit/inclement-weather
- Call 919-485-7433 – expect some wait time due to high call volumes
- For EZ Rider Services call 919-969-5544
- Check local TV and radio stations
- Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/chtransit) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/chtransit)Chapel Hill Transit is the public transportation provider that serves Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For complete information about Chapel Hill Transit services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest Chapel Hill Transit stop, visit us at www.chtransit.org, email or call a customer service representative at 919-485-7433.