Hurry and register now for the 6th Annual Bike/Walk Summit in Wilmington November 3-4 – it’s less than 2 weeks away!
And there are a couple spots left for the Thursday on-road and classroom Traffic Safety Skills for Transportation Professionals.
The 2017 NC Bike/Walk Summit promises to be packed full of information. Click here for the program schedule. Experts from across the state and beyond will be on hand to share their knowledge and experience on topics such as:
- NC’s new Vision Zero initiative
- Moving our Complete Streets policy towards implementation
- Workshops on using crash data to support street safety improvements
- Advocacy – facilitated capacity building discussions
- BikeShare – all the various technologies and towns deploying will be on hand
Hear from House Legislative Transportation Leader Representative Torbett and the new Deputy Secretary for Multi-Modal Transportation Julie White. Also, hear about the great work our new partner AARP is doing in NC and nationally on livability, complete streets and aging in place. Plus we have fun planned with meet-ups at local breweries and our walking and biking mobile tours.
The mission of the summit is to:
- Foster collaboration between NC’s various bicycling and walking movements, efforts, and endeavors
- Educate local government staff, bicycle advocates, and policy leaders
- Promote bicycling and walking as valid modes of transportation and as economic driver
Pedal forward to COMPLETE OUR STREETS…..FOR ALL!
Registration is $100 for Bike Walk NC members, $115 for non-Bike Walk NC members