Chapel Hill Transit Schedule for Monday, May 31
Chapel Hill Transit will be closed in honor of Memorial Day. We will continue running our reduced weekday routes, GoTriangle’s 420 route and EZ rider service on Tuesday, June 1.
Invitation: GoPerks Golden Modes
June 22 at 2 p.m. a premier event – – the 2021 GoPerks Golden Modes.
During this one hour webinar commuters will be recognized across the Triangle who relied on sustainable travel over the previous year while facing the challenges of Covid-19.
RSVP now – Content
¨ Frontline workers who provide essential services describe what it was like to travel to work every day through a global pandemic.
¨ Raleigh City Councilmember Corey Branch will provide the keynote address reviewing how Covid-19 affected our communities.
¨ GoTriangle will highlight the dramatic reduction of greenhouse gases by employees across the Triangle working from home & other smart commutes.
The GoPerks Golden Modes is a premiere event, highlighting the value and necessity of not only transit, but also carpooling, safe biking and walking options, productive telework programs and vanpools.
The spotlight will be on the individual commuters and organizations whose efforts lead the Triangle in Transportation Demand Management and identify methods of how to grow without traffic jams while returning to the workplace and attracting more jobs and international businesses to the Triangle.
The GoPerks incentive program encourages Triangle-area drivers to use sustainable, affordable commutes instead of driving alone. It supports GoTriangle’s goal of reducing traffic, helping employees save money, and improve the environment & quality of life by emission reductions by introducing prize drawings for smart commuters.
GoPerks Incentives Provided by 2020 & 2021 Sponsors
American Tobacco Campus, Way to Go Durham, RTP Foundation, Duke Parking & Transportation,
Springboard Promotions, Koka Booth Amphitheatre,
Commute with Enterprise, Association for Commuter Transportation Southeastern Chapter
Chapel Hill is Celebrating National Bike Month with Covid Careful Activity
Please Decorate For Bike To Work & School Day Friday, May 21, 2021
It is great to thank the frontline folks that have been there every day helping move us through the last year! As tomorrow comes, find a way to say thank you and if possible RIBBON YOUR BICYCLE as a salute to these great folks and bike to work or school! Happy Bike Month!
Get Great Rewards When Logging In Bike Miles This Month! Click image below for more details!
Find The Right Bike For You Video
Watch this quick and informational video on all the bicycle types and how to know which one is best for your situation.
CONGRATULATION TO OAKS AND SPOKES’ National Award!!!
Raleigh’s Bicycle Advocacy Group, Oaks and Spokes, has been awarded the League of American Bicyclists National Bike Club Award for 2021~!!! If you haven’t checked out the group, be sure to enjoy exploring information at Oaks and Spokes- https://oaksandspokes.com/ !!! Under the leadership of Mary Sell and Nick Neptune, Chapel Hill is thrilled to send congratulations! GOOOOOO Oaks and Spokes!!!
Bike Friday Focus Part II – Low Gas Offers No Fee Cycling & Transit Opportunity!
As finding gas for cars becomes more difficult, it becomes easier to grab a bicycle and get to where we need to be! And if it is a long way to work or errands, put your bike on a bus (all are no charge and all have bike racks)! Check out the How to Load Bike on Bus Video and don’t forget to grab the Maps for Chapel Hill, Carrboro and UNC-CH for best local routes! AND Chapel Hill Transit Routes/Schedules easily found online!
NC Bicycle Laws in Five Languages – Thank you to Carrboro Bike Coalition!
North Carolina Bike Laws
Bike laws into five languages.
- Spanish – las leyes de tránsito de bicicletas de carolina del norte
- Burmese – Karen – မြောက်ကယ်ရိုလိုင်းနား၏စက်ဘီးအသွားအလာဥပဒေများ
- Arabic – قوانين مرور الدراجات في شمال كارولينا
- Swahili – sheria za trafiki za baiskeli za carolina kaskazini
- Kinyarwanda – amagare yumuhanda amategeko ya karolina yamajyaruguru
- English – North Carolina Bicycle Traffic Laws _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Following are Bike Month Activities which are subject to being added to as time goes on!
Pictures: Email to email@example.com and we will post! Or #GoChapelHillBikeMonth to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
- May 6 – How to Find the Right Bike For You – May 6, Go Triangle’s Webinar – Whether you already own a bike or would like to, GoTriangle would like to help you find the right bike for you. To RSVP click Register Here for Bike Webinar for the May 6 webinar! #mayisbikemonth #goperks
- Chapel Hill Parks – Bicycle to the Chapel Hill Parks and explore. Don’t forget to post a pic!
- Maps – Check out the online Bike Map for bike facilities and trails and enjoy a day getting to know Chapel Hill.
- Focus Fridays Bike – Watch for the Focus Friday Series for Bike Month Videos. Sign up for the Town’s E-News to view these and other great Chapel Hill stories and information!
- Scavenger Hunt – Join in a BACH/Go Chapel Hill Bingo Scavenger Hunt – stay tuned for details!
- May 21 – Decorate Your Bike in Salute to Frontline Heroes and Ride to Work or School on May 21st!
- Searching for Ents – Read a good book – Lord of the Rings by Tolkien and find the 12 Hidden Ents on Bolin Creek Trail between Umstead Park and the Tunnel at Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. And DON’T FORGET TO POST PICTURES!!