The Town of Chapel Hill will paint walking lanes on Honeysuckle Road, Booker Creek Road, and Cleland Drive.
The Town of Chapel Hill will paint walking lanes on Honeysuckle Road, Booker Creek Road, and Cleland Drive. This addition builds on previous efforts to make space for people walking on these streets.
The walking lanes will be:
- Dedicated space for people walking on streets without sidewalks
- At least five feet wide
- Marked with permanent street paint
- Placed at the edge of the road
- On Honeysuckle Road (north side), from Brookview Drive to Booker Creek Road
- On Booker Creek Road (west side), from Honeysuckle Road to the Booker Creek Trail
- On Cleland Drive (north side), from Hayes Road to Burning Tree Drive
Drivers, treat the walking lanes as any other lane marked with a solid white line: do not drive or park in them.
Pedestrians, walk in the walking lanes in either direction. Normally in the absence of a sidewalk pedestrians should walk facing traffic, but the walking lane can be treated like a sidewalk that lets people walk in either direction.
Staff will paint the walking lanes the week of November 14th. This might create minor traffic delays on these streets. For questions, email Josh Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.