Do you walk, bike, run or ride the bus around town? Give us your feedback on the draft Mobility and Connectivity Plan on Aug. 15.
Do you walk, bike, run, or ride the bus around Chapel Hill? The Town of Chapel Hill wants your feedback on the draft recommendations of the Mobility and Connectivity Plan!
The Open House Session for the Draft Mobility and Connectivity Plan will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 15, in the first floor lobby of Chapel Hill Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Drop in anytime between 4 and 7 p.m.
The open house is drop-in style with no formal presentation. Staff will be available to discuss maps and materials during the open house.
About the Plan
In 2016, the Town of Chapel Hill Planning and Development Services Department initiated this planning effort in consultation with Stewart Inc., an engineering, design and planning firm located in Raleigh, Durham and Charlotte.
The Mobility and Connectivity Plan outlines the steps necessary for Chapel Hill to become a community where bicycling, walking, and riding transit are safe and convenient everyday choices. The draft plan is an overall network exercise looking at bicycle, pedestrian, and greenway connectivity, along with transit stop access, throughout the Town. It includes a prioritized list of both short- and long-term projects to improve non-motorized transportation opportunities in Chapel Hill. The Mobility Plan will complement and expand upon existing adopted plans including the Chapel Hill Bike Plan (2014), and the Greenways Master Plan (2013).
The next several months will involve advisory board review of the draft plan. The plan will be considered for adoption by the Chapel Hill Town Council in October.
For more information, contact Bergen Watterson, Transportation Planning Manager, at 919-969-5064 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full draft of the Mobility and Connectivity Plan can be found at townofchapelhill.org/mobilityplan.
Please be aware that there could be delays in bus routes for both Chapel Hill Tranist as well as Triangle Transit on Tuesday, April 24, 2012. There will be a visit from the President of the United States of America.
Consider this special event as you plan your routes to work, errands or recreation. Patience is helpful when there are delays in traffic.
YMCA Bus Stop Closure
Due to construction and a lane closure on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) has temporarily closed the northbound bus stop at the YMCA until further notice. Passengers may board the buses at the temporary bus stop located beyond the entrance to the YMCA.
For additional information, call 919-969-4900 (press 1) or email email@example.com.
Weaver Street between Main Street and S. Greensboro Street has reopened. Beginning Wednesday, July 6, the F route will return to its regular route, serving Weaver Street Market and the Century Center.
The CW route will continue to be detoured along Main Street until further notice.
Effective August 15, 2011, Chapel Hill Transit will be implementing service adjusments. For the second year, CHT faces a budget shortfall of over $1 million dollars. CHT has to reduce its budget by $2.3 million, and has taken steps to close the shortfall, including utilizing reserve funds, implementing cost-savings initiatives, and making adjustments to fixed-route and EZ Rider services.
To ensure CHT services represent the most cost-effective use of CHT’s resources, the service adjustments are based on low ridership (routes and individual trips), alternative service available nearby, least impact to riders, and available capacity on vehicles.
Information on the service adjustments for FY12 is available on CHT’s website at www.chtransit.org. Printed schedules will be available on buses approximately one week prior to the service change.
Details of service adjustments are as follows:
Weekday Fixed Route Service
- Discontinue 5:38 p.m. trip from Piney Mountain Road at Timber Hollow and 6:02 p.m. trip from N Columbia Street and Rosemary Street to Weiner Street and Severin Street; discontinue 6:18 p.m. and 7:18 p.m. trips from Weiner Street and Severin Street.
- Discontinue service between Dixie Lane and Piney Mountain Road.
- Alternative routes include: N, NS, and T.
- Discontinue CCX Limited trips (departing CCX lot at 6:20, 6:50, 7:20, 7:50, and 8:20 a.m.; departing UNC Hospitals at 3:32, 4:02, 4:32, 5:02, and 5:32 p.m.) and reverse the loop around UNC Campus in the afternoon serving the Hospital area last before returning to the lot.
- Discontinue 5:45 a.m. trip from Carrboro Plaza Park-and-Ride and 6:01 a.m. trip from Pittsboro Street and State Employees Credit Union.
- Begin service at 6:15 a.m. at Carrboro Plaza Park-and-Ride.
- Alternative route: JFX.
- Discontinue 6:20 a.m. trip from Jones Ferry Park-and-Ride and 6:53 a.m. trip from N Columbia Street and Rosemary Street.
- Begin service at 7:20 a.m. at Jones Ferry Park-and-Ride.
- Alternative route: CM.
- Discontinue 6:30 a.m. round trip; begin service at 7:10 a.m. at Old Durham Road and Scarlett Drive.
- Discontinue 3:50 p.m. trip from S Columbia Street and Fraternity Court and 4:15 p.m. trip from Old Durham Road and Scarlett Drive to Downtown; begin service at 4:35 p.m. at S Columbia Street and Fraternity Court.
- End service at 6:48 p.m. at Sage Road and Dobbins.
- Alternative routes include: CL and D.
- Discontinue 6:20 a.m. trip from McDougle School and 6:50 a.m. trip from Fountain Ridge Road and Colony Woods Drive; begin service at 6:55 a.m. at McDougle School.
- Adjust schedule for trips after 3:15 p.m. from McDougle School to depart at 3:50, 4:50, 5:20, 5:50, and 6:50 p.m.
- Adjust schedule for trips after 1:00 p.m. from Colony Woods to depart at 1:50, 2:50, 3:50, 4:20, 4:50, 5:50, 6:50, and 7:50 p.m.
- Alternative route: D.
- Discontinue 9:40 a.m. and 9:50 a.m. trips from Friday Center Park-and-Ride and 9:53 a.m. and 10:03 a.m. trips from UNC Hospitals.
- Alternative routes include: HU, S, and V.
- Adjust frequency to 60 minute service from approximately 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Discontinue service between University Mall and Briarcliff (route will terminate at University Mall).
- Discontinue mid-day route service (9:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., and 1:45 p.m. trips).
- Begin afternoon service at 2:45 p.m. at Morris Grove Elementary.
- Discontinue 7:50 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. trips from Hedrick Building and 8:09 a.m. and 8:48 a.m. trips from UNC Hospital.
- Discontinue 5:35 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. trips from Hedrick Building and 5:55 p.m. and 6:35 p.m. trips from UNC Hospital.
- Alternative routes include: FCX, S, and V.
- Discontinue 12:00 a.m. round trip; end service at 11:56 p.m.
- Discontinue 6:10 p.m. trip from Eubanks Road Park-and-Ride and 6:35 p.m. trip from Southern Village Park-and-Ride.
- Discontinue 6:30 a.m. round trip; begin service at 7:00 a.m. at Family Medicine Center.
- Alternative routes include: CM and N.
- Discontinue 6:15 a.m. trip and begin service at 6:50 a.m. at East Chapel Hill High School; discontinue 6:49 a.m. trip and begin service at Manning Drive at UNC Hospitals at 7:24 a.m.
- Discontinue 6:15 p.m. trip from East Chapel Hill High School and 6:49 p.m. trip from UNC Hospitals.
- Alternative route: NS.
- Discontinue 6:20 p.m., 8:10 p.m., and 9:30 p.m. trips from Southern Village Park-and-Ride.
- Discontinue 7:01 p.m. and 8:51 p.m. trips from W Barbee Chapel Road at Harris Teeter.
- End service at 8:06 p.m.
- Alternative routes include: FCX, HU, and S.
Saturday Fixed Route Service
CW Saturday Route:
- Discontinue 5:20 p.m. trip from Jones Ferry Park-and-Ride.
D Saturday Route:
- Begin service at Europa Drive at Duck Pond at 9:00 a.m.
FG Saturday Route:
- Begin service at Colony Woods at 8:50 a.m.; end PM service at Colony Woods at 4:55 p.m.
JN Saturday Route:
- Begin service at Rock Haven Road and Rock Creek at 9:40 a.m.
EZ Rider Paratransit Service
CHT will adjust the EZ Rider service area to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) mandated three-quarters of a mile beyond operating fixed routes for all eligible customers.
- Reduce Weekday EZ Rider service to within ¾ mi of Weekday fixed routes.
- Reduce Saturday EZ Rider service to within ¾ mi of Saturday fixed routes.
- Reduce Sunday EZ Rider service to within ¾ mi of U/NU routes (Sunday fixed routes) and implement a voucher program for ADA eligible customers.
You must be logged in to post a comment.