To improve service and efficiency throughout the transit system, Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will be implementing route and schedule changes on Saturday, May 7. CHT makes changes to its schedules throughout the year in response to ridership trends, changing traffic patterns and growth in the area. The changes for May are as follows:
- CM, CW, D, J, NU and V Routes – Designated evening trips will be suspended for the summer.
- Weekend U and NU and Safe Rides – Will not operate over the summer.
- CL Route – The first a.m. trip will now begin at 6:53 a.m. at Europa Drive and Duck Pond (Sheraton Hotel) instead of East Franklin Street at the Coffee Shop and the last eastbound trip (to Colony Lake) will start at 5:50 p.m. at East Drive and Jackson Circle. Schedule times will also be adjusted to better reflect operating conditions.
- D Route – The first two a.m. eastbound trips will begin at Eastowne Drive and Old Sterling Road at 6:27 a.m. and 6:47 a.m. instead of starting at East Franklin at the Coffee Shop.
- J Route – The first two a.m. westbound trips will begin at Jones Ferry Road at Abby Court at 6:29 a.m. and 6:44 a.m. instead of starting on East Main at Jade Palace.
- NS Route – Schedule times will be adjusted to better reflect operating conditions.
- S Route – The trip starting from the NC 54 Park and Ride at 3:30 p.m. will instead begin at Manning Drive at UNC Hospitals at 3:47 p.m.
- N Route – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- A Route – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- Saturday JN – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- Saturday T – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- EZ Rider – Weekday services will end at 10:35 p.m., with the last scheduled pick-up window from 10:25 p.m. to 10:45 p.m., and on Sundays at 5:30 p.m. with the last scheduled pick-up window from 5:20 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
New schedules will be available on the website (www.chtransit.org) beginning Wednesday, April 27, and on buses Thursday, May 5.
For complete information about CHT services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest CHT stop, visit www.chtransit.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call a CHT customer service representative at 919-969-4900.
Triangle Transit routes will operate using the Saturday schedule on Friday, April 22nd. In observance of Earth Day, ALL Rides Are Free!
Routes in Operation
400: Durham-New Hope Commons-Chapel Hill
800: Chapel Hill-Southpoint-RTC
If you have any questions please contact the GoTriangle Regional Transit Information Center at 919-485-RIDE (7433).
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will operate Saturday services on Friday, April 22, 2011, in observance of the Good Friday holiday. The following Saturday routes will operate: CM, CW, D, FG, JN and T. The Saturday U and NU routes will not operate.
On Saturday, April 23, 2011, the U and NU routes will not operate. On Sunday, April 24, 2011, the U route will begin at 1:50 p.m. at the Carolina Coffee Shop and the NU route will begin at 1:45 p.m. at the PR lot.
EZ Rider services will end at 6:13 p.m. on Friday. The last scheduled pick-up window will be 6:03 p.m. – 6:23 p.m.
Safe Rides will operate as normal on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
CHT administrative offices will be closed and will reopen on Monday, April 25, 2011 at 8:30 a.m. The Regional Call Center will be open to provide schedule information from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Friday, April 22, 2011. Customers will be able to reach the call center by calling CHT’s customer service line at 919.969.4900 (press option 1).
CHT will return to regular service on Monday, April 25, 2011.
For more information, please visit chtransit.org or call a customer service representative at 919.969.4900.
Posted Date: 3/9/2011
The bus stop on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard at New Stateside Drive will be temporarily relocated beginning Wednesday, March 16, until further notice due to a tree trimming project. Passengers may board the NS and T buses at a temporary bus stop on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. about 200 feet north of the current location, just before New Stateside Drive.
View a map at tinyurl.com/4kyfggc.
For more information, call a customer service representative at 919-969-4900.
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will implement detours due to street closures during the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Holiday parade Saturday, Dec. 11. The parade will begin on East Franklin Street at the Morehead Planetarium, travel west on Franklin Street, and end at Carrboro Town Hall on Main Street.
The following Saturday routes will be detoured/delayed as a result of the parade:
- CW – 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- FG route – 8:30 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
- DM route – 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- JN route -100 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- T route – 8:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- U route – will begin at 11:20 a.m. at the Carolina Coffee Shop
The Saturday CM and NU routes will operate on regular schedules.
CHT will make every attempt to maintain schedules but is advising customers to expect delays and to allow extra travel time due to the parade. While CHT will attempt to operate normal printed schedules on all routes, delays may occur. Customers should plan to travel earlier than 10 a.m. and after noon to avoid parade traffic.
For specific information on the detours, please visit chtransit.org or contact a CHT customer service representative at 919-969-4900.