Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will implement detours due to street closures during the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Holiday parade Saturday, Dec. 11. The parade will begin on East Franklin Street at the Morehead Planetarium, travel west on Franklin Street, and end at Carrboro Town Hall on Main Street.
The following Saturday routes will be detoured/delayed as a result of the parade:
- CW – 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- FG route – 8:30 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
- DM route – 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- JN route -100 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- T route – 8:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- U route – will begin at 11:20 a.m. at the Carolina Coffee Shop
The Saturday CM and NU routes will operate on regular schedules.
CHT will make every attempt to maintain schedules but is advising customers to expect delays and to allow extra travel time due to the parade. While CHT will attempt to operate normal printed schedules on all routes, delays may occur. Customers should plan to travel earlier than 10 a.m. and after noon to avoid parade traffic.
For specific information on the detours, please visit chtransit.org or contact a CHT customer service representative at 919-969-4900.
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will operate on a winter break service schedule from Saturday, Dec. 18, to Saturday, Jan. 8, 2011. The weekday CM, CW, D, J, NU and V routes will end earlier. Safe Rides and Saturday/Sunday U & NU routes will not operate.
EZ Rider services will end at 10:35 p.m. Monday through Friday. The last scheduled pick-up window will be 10:25 – 10:45 p.m.
Regular service will resume on Monday, Jan. 10. For specific schedule information, please visit www.chtransit.org or call a customer service representative at 919-969-4900.
CHT Christmas and New Year’s Holiday Schedule
CHT services will operate the following schedule in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays:
- Friday, Dec. 24 – Saturday Service (No U or NU routes). The Hillsborough Express 420 route will operate.
- Saturday, Dec. 25 – Closed (No Services)
- Sunday, Dec. 26 – Closed (No Services)
- Monday, Dec. 27 – Saturday Schedule (No U or NU routes).
- Friday, Dec. 31 – Saturday Schedule (No U or NU routes).
- Saturday, Jan. 1 – Closed (No Services)
- Sunday, Jan. 2 – Closed (No Services)
CHT administrative offices will be closed from Friday, Dec. 24, to Monday, Dec. 27 and will reopen at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 28.
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) services will operate the following schedule this Thanksgiving holiday:
- Thursday, Nov. 25 – No Services
- Friday, Nov. 26 – Saturday Services (No U or NU routes)
- Saturday, Nov. 27 – Saturday Services (No U or NU routes)
- Sunday, Nov. 28 – U route will start at 1:50 p.m. (Coffee Shop) and the NU will start at 1:45 p.m. (PR lot).
For EZ Rider services, customers planning to travel on Friday, November 26, should reserve their trips by Wednesday, Nov. 24, before 5 p.m. by calling 919-969-5544.
Safe Rides will not operate and will resume on Thursday, Dec. 2.
CHT’s administrative offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 25 and Friday, Nov. 26.
The Regional Call Center will be open to provide schedule information:
Thursday, Nov. 25, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 26, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 27, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 28, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Customers will be able to reach the call center by calling CHT’s customer service line at 919-969-4900 (press option 1) or by calling 919-485-RIDE (7433).
For more information, please visit www.chtransit.org or call a customer service representative at 919-969-4900.
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will operate a modified service schedule the evening of Sunday, October 31, 2010, to accommodate the Halloween celebration on Franklin Street. The following modifications will be in effect:
NU Route: Route will end at 9:02 p.m. at the PR Lot.
EZ Rider: Service will end at 9:00 p.m.
Safe Ride Routes: Safe Ride buses will operate from 11 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., along detoured routes. Safe Ride is a service funded by the UNC-Chapel Hill Student Government for the safety of students. Safe Rides will not serve the Downtown/Franklin Street area. Please be advised that due to road closures and traffic pattern changes, CHT may be unable to operate published schedules for these routes.
- Safe T – pick up and drop off from Chapel Hill Town Hall
- Safe J – pick up and drop off from Passport Motors (Franklin Street at Graham Street)
- Safe G – pick up and drop off from Columbia Street at Sitterson Hall across from Carolina Inn
No Bus Shuttles: There will be no bus shuttles operating from park and ride lots to the Halloween Celebration.
- Point 2 Point Express – When heading north on Columbia, it will detour right on Cameron Avenue instead of Franklin Street. then resume it’s normal route.
Please visit www.chtransit.org for a map of the detoured routes. For additional information, please contact a CHT customer service representative at 919.969.4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Transit passengers and residents of Chapel Hill and Carrboro rate transit service in Chapel Hill/Carrboro much higher than the national average. Eighty-eight percent of riders rated the overall quality of CHT service as excellent or good, while 86 percent of residents surveyed consider the adequacy of public transportation in Chapel Hill/Carrboro to be excellent or good.