Bike Friday Focus Part II – Low Gas Offers No Fee Cycling & Transit Opportunity!
As finding gas for cars becomes more difficult, it becomes easier to grab a bicycle and get to where we need to be! And if it is a long way to work or errands, put your bike on a bus (all are no charge and all have bike racks)! Check out the How to Load Bike on Bus Video and don’t forget to grab the Maps for Chapel Hill, Carrboro and UNC-CH for best local routes! AND Chapel Hill Transit Routes/Schedules easily found online!
NC Bicycle Laws in Five Languages – Thank you to Carrboro Bike Coalition!
North Carolina Bike Laws
Bike laws into five languages.
- Spanish – las leyes de tránsito de bicicletas de carolina del norte
- Burmese – Karen – မြောက်ကယ်ရိုလိုင်းနား၏စက်ဘီးအသွားအလာဥပဒေများ
- Arabic – قوانين مرور الدراجات في شمال كارولينا
- Swahili – sheria za trafiki za baiskeli za carolina kaskazini
- Kinyarwanda – amagare yumuhanda amategeko ya karolina yamajyaruguru
- English – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JY-s4ZZiLYKlTeL2bp9TMu6Dn92oZu52/view?usp=sharing
Following are Bike Month Activities which are subject to being added to as time goes on!
- May 6 – How to Find the Right Bike For You – May 6, Go Triangle’s Webinar – Whether you already own a bike or would like to, GoTriangle would like to help you find the right bike for you. To RSVP click Register Here for Bike Webinar for the May 6 webinar! #mayisbikemonth #goperks
- Chapel Hill Parks – Bicycle to the Chapel Hill Parks and explore. Don’t forget to post a pic!
- Maps – Check out the online Bike Map for bike facilities and trails and enjoy a day getting to know Chapel Hill.
- Focus Fridays Bike – Watch for the Focus Friday Series for Bike Month Videos. Sign up for the Town’s E-News to view these and other great Chapel Hill stories and information!
- Scavenger Hunt – Join in a BACH/Go Chapel Hill Bingo Scavenger Hunt – stay tuned for details!
- May 21 – Decorate Your Bike in Salute to Frontline Heroes and Ride to Work or School on May 21st!
- Searching for Ents – Read a good book – Lord of the Rings by Tolkien and find the 12 Hidden Ents on Bolin Creek Trail between Umstead Park and the Tunnel at Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. And DON’T FORGET TO POST PICTURES!!