Once Chapel Hill restrictions have lifted regarding COVID, there will be a Buddy Ride-A-Long program to assist Veterans (up to three times) to access their destinations using bicycle, walking, wheeling or bus. This is a no-charge program. To find a Ride-A-Long Buddy or to be a buddy, contact email@example.com
Cycling in Chapel Hill and surrounding areas can be enjoyable and efficient when equipped with a solid bicycle, helmet and other tools. Local merchants offer free inspections on bicycles as well as offering free demonstrations for in-store bicycles. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if needing bicycle lights, handle-bar tote bags and some other helpful cycling items.
Chapel Hill and surrounding areas are part of a program called Share the Ride NC which anonymously can match people with similar routes ,to others registered for carpooling to common destinations. Personal information is hidden during the matching process.
The area has a connected system of buses that can move people from nearby cities including Greensboro, Burlington, Mebane, Hillsborough, Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh and many places in-between.
- Park-and-Ride: There are Park & Ride areas scattered throughout where cars can be parked at no charge in many places, or in Chapel Hill, for a minimal fee. Buses from the Park & Ride lots can easily connect you to your final destination. Park-and-Ride lots located in Chapel Hill and Carrboro require a parking permit.
- Bike Racks on Buses: All area buses have bicycle racks located on the front of each bus. Combining the use of a bicycle with a bus can get you farther faster! Learn how to use the bus bike rack at gotriangle.org/bikeonbus.
- Paratransit: EZ Rider is a demand-response, shared-ride service providing origin-to-destination (generally means door to door) service on an advance reservation basis. Eligibility assistance is available at (919) 969-4920.
- Bus Routes and Connections: Four ways to determine best routes for your trip,
- Use the Plan Your Trip feature by putting in where the trip begins and ends to view best way to get there. Open Go Triangle and search for Trip Planner.
- Check the website of the bus system for routes.
- Chapel Hill Transit Routes – Chapel Hill Transit is a no-charge transit system to get anywhere the bus goes in Chapel Hill and Carrboro!
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 919-969-5065 to leave a message.